- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package M&M’s Chocolate Mini Baking Bits or just M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&M’s. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not overbake.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.