- 225g (8oz) digestive biscuits
- 85g (3oz) butter, melted
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- 3 small bananas
- 150ml carton whipping cream, softly whipped
- cocoa powder to finish
You will also need:
- 6 individual 9 cm (3½in) loose-bottomed flan tins
- Alternatively use a deep 18 cm (7in) spring-form cake tin, greased
- Crush the biscuits in a blender or in a double-lined bag with a rolling pin. Combine the crushed biscuits with the melted butter.
- To make the pie bases use the back of a teaspoon to press the mixture into the base and sides of the tins. Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the Carnation Caramel between the bases.
- Remove the pies from the tins. Slice the bananas, reserve six for the top and fold the rest into the softly whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture over the caramel, decorate with a banana slice and dust with the cocoa.
Turn this recipe into a sundae idea – layer the crushed biscuits (without the melted butter) and other ingredients into sundae glasses and chill until ready to serve.
I'm thinking about experimenting with the choice of biscuts and might go for chocolate biscuits instead! We'll see on Sunday! :)
Recipe from carnation.co.uk