Adapted from Good Things Catered
2 c. AP flour
1 tbsp instant milk powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2c. sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 c. margarita mix (no tequila)
5 egg whites, room temperature
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare 2 cupcake pans with liners.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, instant milk, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In another bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in vanilla and then the margarita mix. Reduce speed and mix in flour mixture a little at a time until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, with clean dry beaters, whip egg whites on high until they form stiff peaks. Using a spatula fold egg whites into the batter until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pans and bake 20-22 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile in a bowl of a stand mixer combine cream cheese, butter, lime juice and zest, vanilla extract and beat on high until mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly add in salt and sugar until combined thoroughly. Place in fridge to chill.
- Once cupcakes are cooled pipe on frosting. Garnish with straws, lime slices, and coarse salt.
- BJ Vanilla butter cupcake with Absolut Vodka, topped with Bailey’s buttercream frosting and caramel
- Tequila Sunrise Orange butter cupcake with Jose Cuervo Tequila, and topped with pink buttercream frosting
- Lemon Drop Lemon butter cupcake with Absolut Vodka Citron, topped with lemon buttercream frosting.
Sounds delicous and fun to me!